At Sat Nam Fest, you will see many yogis wearing white clothing of cotton or natural fibers. Yogi Bhajan encouraged this as part of the technology of Kundalini yoga. Here is why:
- Wearing white strengthens your beneficial shield. Your aura is your shield, filtering out that which is not beneficial for you. Illness enters the aura first – but if your aura is strong, then you will not become ill. Plus, white is reflective in nature. Negativity can bounce right off of you! Try it . . . see if you are in a lighter mood on days you wear white! Being in a lighter mood will further protect you by attracting like thoughts.
- Wearing all white increases your aura. From Yogi Bhajan: “if we wear cotton and we wear white, this color therapy gives us one extra foot of aura.” Your aura is an electromagnetic field that is a container for your life force. If it is strong, you will feel empowered and healthy, and you will have an uplifting effect on those around you. Wearing white increases this potential. Plus, you will look more radiant and glowing through both the nature of the white and the expansion of your auric field.
- White allows you to go within. The reflective nature of white is not just physical. Wearing white impacts the interface between you and the outside world. It will be easier for you to go within and meditate, and to stay true to yourself.
- People will engage with you on a higher level. Because white is reflective in nature, others will witness themselves as they approach you, and thus have to deal with themselves before they come to you. And, they will likely engage differently with you because of your increased aura.
- White is balancing. From Yogi Bhajan: “Colors create an uncontrollable action in your subconscious mind of inspiration, productivity and expansion. Colors have an excessive effect on consciousness . . . To you, white is just one color, but to me it is the total balance of seven colors.” [Summer 1975, published in I Am a Woman, p. 156.]
“All the colors are in the white light. You can absorb from the white light just the frequencies you need regardless of who you are because all the frequencies are in it.”
I admit, I wear white almost all the time, especially when I am out in the world. It isn’t uncommon to hear comments on how much I am glowing. I often want to inform them, “it’s in part because I’m wearing all white!” (And the other part is because of all the Yoga!)
Try it out for yourself, if you haven’t already. How are things, when you wear all white? The world will interact with you in a whole different way! Note: be prepared to no longer be invisible!