Join the team!
Come to Sat Nam Fest for only $275! 5-day festival pass, 13 meals (Wed Lunch – Sun Lunch) & camping pass in exchange for serving on the Sat Nam Fest team.
Service exchange positions are available for Registration Team, Grounds Team, Sound Crew, Security Team, Set up / Breakdown, Spirit Voyage Boutique, Media Team, Stage Team, and Spa Team.
In exchange for a discounted 5-day festival pass, which includes all meals and a camping pass we will require a 18-26 hour time commitment (depending on what exchange you are in) broken into 4-6 work shifts (no more than 6 hours each festival day). With the scholarship you will only have to pay $275. You are welcome to upgrade your accommodations if you would like to.
Outside of the work commitment hours, you are free to enjoy the festival!
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have approved your application, our service exchange manager will contact you to go over job responsibilities and work schedule in more detail. Please expect responses to come within 1-2 weeks of your application submission. Once you have our offer you will have 1 week to respond and purchase your ticket. If you do not respond and purchase your ticket within 1 week you will need to resubmit your application.
How to Join the Team:
Step 2: Respond to our offer and purchase your ticket (within one week of offer – see above for timeline details)
Step 3: Bring yourself, your smile and your positive, hardworking attitude to Sat Nam Fest!
Service Exchange Teams
Do you enjoy working with people and spreadsheets? Our registration and housing team is responsible for checking in guests when they arrive on site and organizing our housing for guest check-in. A friendly and welcoming demeanor is very important! Familiarity with computers is a must. Be prepared to serve each day of the festival on an AM or PM shift, working a few extra hours at the start of the festival when registration is busiest.
- Check work exchangers in and direct them to specific areas
- Greet people when they arrive to the festival
- Check people in for event and meal passes
- Guide participants to sign waivers on iPad
- Check Presenters in
- Manage any lost and found items
- Assist participants with any questions or concerns they may have
- Create name tags and place name tags on each door
- Help elderly/disabled with luggage (need-by-need basis)
The Security Team is responsible for the physical safety and well-being of festival participants and the camp. The primary duty of the Security Team is to staff the camp entrance and monitor the flow of traffic, both pedestrian and vehicular, throughout the camp. Security Team members will also patrol the entire camp–specifically the bazaar, the dining area and the main yoga & music space to check that all participants have registered and are wearing wrist bands. This team’s priority is to be friendly and welcoming while also giving direction and ensuring that all participants are registered attendees. One must be self-motivated to serve as part of security!
- Direct traffic
- Check wristbands as participants enter yoga hall
- Check wristbands as participants enter at meal times
- Patrol parking lot
- Patrol grounds
The Sound Crew is a dynamic team of hard-working people who help create the beautiful, quality sound Sat Nam Fest is known for. This position requires previous experience working with sound equipment. Team members report to the Head Audio Engineer and Stage Manager and assist in jobs assigned. They ensure smooth set-up and breakdown for artists’ sets, including sound checks, troubleshooting microphones, DIs, cables, amplifiers and other gear on stage during musical acts and keeping track of all equipment from set to set. Requires strong technical knowledge of sound gear, equipment and live audio for events.
- Work with Sound Producer
- Set up/break down stages and sound gear before and after the festival
- Assist with smooth set-up for artists
- troubleshooting microphones, DIs, cables, amplifiers
The Kitchen Crew will help to lovingly support our cooks as they prepare the delicious and nourishing food Sat Nam Fest is known for! You may be asked to help chop vegetables, prepare food and juices, wash dishes, serve at the buffet, guide guests into lines to get food. Whatever comes up in the kitchen and dining room, you’ll help with. A flexible, helpful and collaborative demeanor a must! Previous food service experience a PLUS! Be prepared for hard work and being on your feet for much of your service.
The Eco-Green Team will help ensure Sat Nam Fest leaves no trace. This team is responsible for sharing this environmental message with the camp through signs and personal communications about the importance of sorting waste appropriately for recycling. The team is hands on with helping with recycling and trash. We are looking for creative and passionate individuals that can help us make Sat Nam Fest a more environmentally sustainable and responsible event.
The Spa Team helps festival participants take a break from the day, relax their muscles and take a quiet moment for themselves. The spa offers various types of massages and on the spa team you would be one of the people helping participants heal their physical bodies. We require all massage therapists to be licensed in the state of CA.
Set Up / Break Down
Come early to the festival and stay late. Labor intensive job – help decorate the stage, set up yoga space, put up signs, set up Spirit Voyage store, set up tents, etc. Carpentry and sewing experience appreciated! Hard work! This team will be small and fill up fast!
- Painting and placing signs & lights
- Setting up tents and laying carpet
- Creating hydrations stations – lifting water bottles
- Assemble racks and shelves for boutique
- Unpacking from stored boxes
- Setting up an Eco-Green system
- Sewing decorations
- Decorating stages
- Setting up tables and chairs as needed
The grounds team will help with daily operations throughout Sat Nam Fest. We are the nuts and the bolts of the festival. We take care of water, fixing tent issues, and helping wherever our hands are needed. You may be asked to help in the main yoga hall, assist teachers and musicians, and/or run errands. This is an integral role in helping our festival run as smoothly as possible. A flexible and helpful demeanor a must!
- Setting up and breaking down tents and signs
- Carrying equipment (i.e. carpets and pop up tents)
- Lifting 5-gallon water jugs on to their stands
- Being on radio to help if an issue arises
Spirit Voyage Boutique
Love Spirit Voyage music, clothing, books and other products? Help in the Spirit Voyage Boutique to set up the store and help customers pick out new music, books, clothing, etc. Previous retail or sales experience preferred!
- Actively restock products that run out from backstock storage
- Provide assistance and warm welcomes to customers
- Tag and price items that need to be priced
- Actively assure a clean and neat boutique environment (fold clothes, organize products on shelves, dust, sweep, etc)
- Be aware of shoplifters and be sure customer know where checkout is
- Make store managers aware of any issues in the store
The Social Media team captures the spirit of Sat Nam Fest by providing quality images, videos, and content to Spirit Voyage for its use in promotional/marketing efforts, products, etc. In accepting this position, you agree that all photographs and film footage taken during the festival are the property of Spirit Voyage with permission for use at its discretion in perpetuity. Professional photography or videography experience required. Photographers should be prepared to send a link to your portfolio online to be considered for the team.
Sat Nam Fest needs a group of strong people to greet the participants, offer help to musicians, keep the space clean, and be aware of the overall energy flow.
- Welcoming people into the yoga halls
- Seating people
- Helping musicians bring gear on and off stage
- Help move risers
- Opening and closing the sides of the tent
- Keep the area clean between classes