This meditation will set you on the Path of Grace. In the teachings of Yogi Bhajan, grace gives you the capacity to serve selflessly with great ease. Serving selflessly with great ease is the key to happiness.
Grace of God Meditation
Please note, God in this context refers to G.O.D. This is understood to conjure the forces of nature that include the (G) generating (O) organizing and (D) destroying forces of existence. This meditation does not indoctrinate you into any kind of belief or religious affiliation. This meditation brings a systemic overhaul to your inner energy so that you can enjoy a more graceful existence from the inside out.
1. Lie down on your back and relax.
2. Inhale deeply and hold the breath.
3. While holding the breath, mentally repeat this mantra ten times: “I am Grace of God.” If you are a man, repeat “I am in the Grace of God.”
4. Exhale all the breath out, completely.
5. With the breath held out, mentally repeat the mantra ten times: “I am Grace of God.” If you are a man, repeat “I am in the Grace of God.”
6. Repeat steps 2 – 5 five times. It helps to keep count by tensing and relaxing the fingers slightly.
7. After those five repetitions of Steps 2 – 5, relax the breath for a few moments. Remain in a meditative space, and bring yourself up to sit in Easy Pose (cross-legged) with a long, tall spine.
9. The right hand remains resting on the knee with the fingers in Gyan Mudra.
10. Meditate on the pinky finger, which represents the fire element, the planet Mercury, and the psychological qualities of communication. Tense that finger and repeat aloud five times: “I am Grace of God.” If you are a man, repeat “I am in the Grace of God.”
11. Mediate on the Ring Finger, which represents the water element, the planet Venus, and the psychological quality of vitality. Tense the Ring Finger and repeat five times, aloud: “I am Grace of God.” Men repeat “I am in the Grace of God.”
12. Meditate on the Middle Finger, which represents the air element, the planet Saturn, and the psychological quality of patience. Tense the Middle Finger and repeat five times, aloud: “I am Grace of God.” Men repeat “I am in the Grace of God.”
13. Meditate on the Index Finger, which represents the ether element, the planet Jupiter, and the psychological quality of wisdom and expansion. Tense the Index Finger and repeat five times, aloud: “I am Grace of God.” Men repeat “I am in the Grace of God.”
14. Meditate on the Thumb, which represents the planet Earth and our positive ego. Tense the Thumb and repeat five times: “I am Grace of God.” Men repeat “I am in the Grace of God.”
15. To end the meditation, inhale deeply. Hold the breath. Exhale and sit very still for as long as you wish.
Close with three repetitions of the mantra: Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat Naam.
This meditation is recommended for all, but especially for women. It takes about ten minutes to complete the whole meditation. If a woman practices this meditation every day for a full year, she will create a golden halo around her aura. Commit to this meditation every day. You will become so graceful without effort.
This meditation is featured in the Kundalini Research Institute manual I Am a Woman.